· St. Stanislaus College, 1980
· University of Southern Mississippi, 1985, Bachelor of Science Degree
· Cumberland School of Law, 1988, Juris Doctorate
Judicial Experience: Stephen has over twenty-five years of judicial experience.
· Municipal Judge, Bay St. Louis, 2014 – present
· Municipal Judge Pro Tem, Long Beach, 1996 – 2011
· Municipal Judge, Gulfport, 1996 – 2001
· Youth Court Referee, Hancock County, 2013 – 2018
· Family Master, Harrison County, 2012 - 2013
· Admitted to Mississippi Bar since 1989 and Alabama Bar in 1988 - private practice in Gulfport since 1989.
· Since 1993, Stephen has owned and operated his small firm in Gulfport. Over the course of his career, he has successfully handled a wide range of complex legal matters from criminal law, adoptions, corporate defense, and family law. His clients have included large corporations, small businesses and individual clients.
· Stephen has represented clients before the Mississippi Supreme Court and Mississippi Court of Appeals, the Alabama Supreme Court and United States Courts of Appeals for the Fifth and Eleventh Circuits.
· Appointed by Governor Kirk Fordice as his first appointee to the board to implement a statewide capital defense program.
· The National Trial Lawyers - Top 100
· Stephen has been married to his wife Sandy for close to 35 years. They are the parents of five children and served as foster parents in Harrison and Hancock County for over twenty years, fostering over 50 children in their home. They were awarded the Betty Spencer Award by the Harrison County Youth Court for outstanding service to children and the Mississippi Legislature passed a special resolution honoring their commitment to children in the State of Mississippi.
· Lifelong resident of Bay St. Louis and the Gulf Coast
· Presently a member and Lecter at Our Lady of the Gulf in Bay St. Louis
· Formerly a member of St. Clare, St. James and St. John Catholic parishes where he served on the school board for St. John Elementary
· National Rifle Association (NRA) member
· Licensed by FAA as a private pilot